I love to collect quotes as they concisely promote a philosophy which is readily understandable.
In my 25+ years of investing I have collected hundreds of quotes related to Wisdom, Wall Street and Success. I submit this small selection with the hopes that it will enlighten the forces required for your future financial success. Enjoy!
1) "Money really isn’t that important. Is a guy with fifty million dollars happier than a guy with forty eight million dollars?"
– Milton Berle
2) "With money in your pocket, you are wise and you are handsome and you sing well too."
3) "Money is always there, but the pockets change."
– Gertrude Stein
4) "Spend at least as much time researching a stock as you would choosing a refrigerator."
– Peter Lynch
5) "Wall Street has a uniquely hysterical way of thinking the world will end tomorrow but be fully recovered in the long run, then a few years later believing the immediate future is rosy but that the long term stinks."
– Kenneth L. Fisher, Wall Street Waltz
6) "Central Bankers are brought up pulling the legs off ants."
– Paul Volker, Former Federal Reserve Chairman
Quoted by William Grieder, Secrets of the Temple
7) "Good judgement is usually the result of experience and experience frequently is the result of bad judgement."
– Robert Lovell
Quoted by Robert Sobel, Panic on Wall Street
8) "When you realize that you are riding a dead horse the best strategy is to dismount."
– Sioux Indian Proverb
9) "To know and not to do is not yet to know."
– Zen Saying
10) "Amateurs Focus On Rewards! Professionals Focus on Risk!"
-Harald Anderson ? Analyst and founder eOptionsTrader.com
Harald Anderson is the founder and Chief Analyst of eOptionsTrader.com a leading online resource of Options Trading Information. He writes regularly for financial publications on Risk Management and Trading Strategies. His goal in life is to become the kind of person that his dog already thinks he is. http://www.eOptionsTrader.com.